Large binocular mount: Observing stars as easy as never before
The Omegon Kolossus is a new parallelogram mount for large binoculars. Stargazing with it is pleasant and almost seems as if your binoculars weigh nothing and almost float. This is ensured by a triple swivel arm, 360-degree rotation and a mechanism that allows you to balance binoculars perfectly. For relaxed and exciting observations that are simply fun.
The advantages at a glance:
- Stable binocular mount in parallelogram construction for easy and intuitive observing
- From horizon to zenith: Reach every target - steplessly and in seconds
- Perfectly suited for large binoculars up to 5kg with straight eyepiece sighting
- Observing without kneeling on the ground and without contorting yourself
- For large binoculars for example: 20x80, 25x100
- With 2 counterweights to balance your large binoculars
What can the parallelogram mount do?
What is the difference to other tripods or a fork mount? Normal photo tripods have several disadvantages: they are often too unstable, too low and the view remains uncomfortable. A fork mount is only useful for binoculars with an angular view. But what about large binoculars with straight viewing? How can you enjoy astronomy with them? With a parallelogram mount. This is agile, intuitive to use and has a strong metal arm that holds your binoculars at any height and in any position. Almost like a Dobson telescope for binoculars.
Always in the best position
The newly developed parallelogram mount holds your large binoculars in any position you wish. From horizon to zenith: every point in the sky is easily accessible. There are no fixing screws, levers or anything else. At night, you simply slide your binoculars onto the desired celestial object - and they remain stable at one point.
Two handles, everything in your hand
The large binoculars sit on an L-rail with two handles that you can easily operate even when wearing gloves. Small pans and corrections of the field of view are possible via two freely movable axes.
Standing, sitting, lying. Large or small. Everything is possible.
You can decide whether you prefer to observe standing, sitting or even lying down. Even small and tall people observe together without having to adjust the tripod height. Pull the large binoculars into the desired position and observe in the way that is most comfortable for you.
Does not add to the weight. High load capacity with counterweights.
An 86-centimetre counterweight rod and two counterweights of 3.7 kilograms each. This allows you to perfectly balance large binoculars up to 5kg and operate them as easily as if they hardly weighed anything. For heavy binoculars over 5kg you need another counterweight - just have a look at the accessories section.
Made in EU, Portugal
With the Kolossus mount you get a premium product that we produce in small series in Portugal and assemble by hand.
- Fully retractable for easy transport
- Locking system: Allows you to safely transport the binocular mount in one piece without elements swinging apart
- Compatible with Vixen-style prism rails
- You can also use the mount with small refractors (refracting telescopes)
- Transport dimensions 97cm x 28cm x 24cm (LxWxH with bag)
Note: Binoculars are not included in the scope of delivery. Heavy binoculars weighing more than 5kg require an additional counterweight.Scope of delivery:
- Colossus mount
- Counterweight rod
- 2x counterweights 3,5kg
- rail with ¼" thread and handles
- Transport bag
Note: Tripod and binoculars are not included in delivery. Heavy binoculars weighing more than 5kg require an additional counterweight.